Search including weekly pull lists

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
UpTheToon

Search including weekly pull lists

Post by UpTheToon »

Is there a way the regular comic vine sourced search could include the weekly list data as an additional source and display those results too?

I know you can filter per week on the relevant page but having it all in one place in search would be very handy?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Search including weekly pull lists

Post by evilhero »

It could, but it wouldn't do any good since you wouldn't be able to add the series to your watchlist in most cases.

In order to add a series to your watchlist, a comicid must be present on CV for the given series.

The pull, while it partially uses CV data, it does contain series that aren't on CV yet for various reasons (hasn't been added yet, too far into the future, slowness, etc).

If there's an Add option beside the series on the pull, then it has a comicid present, if there isn't one and there is a an Auto-Want or Search present then there is no comicid associated with the series and can't be added.

The only thing that could be possible is adding an Auto-Want to the search results, but not entirely sure how that would play out from a workflow aspect.
UpTheToon

Re: Search including weekly pull lists

Post by UpTheToon »

Yes, I was thinking it would be future auto-want rather than an add.

I may be doing this wrong but I sometimes see something advertised and use search where it isn't found (no comicid on CV like you say), so I go hunting through the weekly pull lists and find it and add as an auto-want. My suggestion was to combine the 2 data sources in search so you can add comics with an existing comicid or add an auto-want from the same search.

May well be a daft idea/not practical...