IssueName tag in renamer

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
keim

IssueName tag in renamer

Post by keim »

Any chance we can get a volume name tag in the rename options?

Currently I have it renaming the issues to $Series - $Issue ($Year) but would love to have something more like $Series - $Issue $IssueName ($Year) so it would be something like Spider-Man - 1 Spider-Man Born (1986), im completely making all that up but i hope you get my point.

Also a possibility to have the $Issue tag number with leading 0's, so instead of Spider-Man 1 it would be Spider-Man 001 since there are like 700 issues in the series.

Anyways great job evilhero
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: IssueName tag in renamer

Post by evilhero »

Well the Volume Name tag has been a thorn in the side for awhile if I'm to be honest, I do believe if you have it in your issues now Mylar is able to parse things properly so it can still detect them when doing filechecks, but aside from that it's not in the Renamer as of yet. Simply because it causes some really long strings to happen (check out some of the titles in Red Hood and the Outlaws as an example), and while limiting the characters might suffice it still causes issues when a series name has '-' in it, or the issue #'s do cause then it can't determine the Volume Name as easily.

It will be added at some point, but right now it would take a pretty big reworking of things in order to get it to work reliably without having a detrimental effect on the rest of the program.

As far as the Issue Padding, it's always been available - it's under Advanced Options in the Configuration ;) However, you need to have Renaming enabled for the padding to be used, otherwise it won't be used (because with the Renaming option turned off, only the Replace Spaces option and Lowercase the Filename option work).
CBurn

Post by CBurn »

Any chance of fleshing out the rename to be as robust as ComicTagger's? I'm rather fond of the following naming scheme for my collection, but don't want to have to go back and rename everything after Mylar.

%title% Vol.%volume% %issue% (%month_name%, %year%)

https://code.google.com/p/comictagger/w ... ide#Rename

Code: Select all

%series%
 %issue%
 %volume%
 %issuecount%
 %year%
 %month%
 %month_name%
 %publisher%
 %title%
 %genre%
 %language_code%
 %criticalrating%
 %alternateseries%
 %alternatenumber%
 %alternatecount%
 %imprint%
 %format%
 %maturityrating%
 %storyarc%
 %seriesgroup%
 %scaninfo%
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

CBurn wrote:Any chance of fleshing out the rename to be as robust as ComicTagger's? I'm rather fond of the following naming scheme for my collection, but don't want to have to go back and rename everything after Mylar.

%title% Vol.%volume% %issue% (%month_name%, %year%)
Well Mylar already has naming conventions for everything in your format string, aside from the %month_name%. It was requested previously, and TBH I forgot about it until you mentioned it again.

I can add in the month_name field to allow for filename formatting easy enough, it's the subsequent filechecking that may prove to be more of a problem initially since Mylar uses the (Year) in order to do filename parsing to make sure it's the right issue for the right series.

The filechecker may already work with files in that format - if not the it would have to be reworked to allow for the month name within there.
CBurn

Post by CBurn »

I've been able to rename stuff with comictagger post import and rescan the directories without a problem, if that's what you mean by the filechecker.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

CBurn wrote:I've been able to rename stuff with comictagger post import and rescan the directories without a problem, if that's what you mean by the filechecker.
Yep, exactly what I meant. If your filenames have the (month, year) in them, then it's a simple matter of adding in the month field. Here's the million dollar question : do you use the publication date or the store date? The publication date is what is used I Mylar when you're looking at the issues on the comic details screen, the store date is the actual date the comic is available in stores (printed media only one believe).
CBurn

Post by CBurn »

Cover (publication) date is what I've been using as well, as that's what ComicTagger is pulling from ComicVine when I'm tagging/renaming.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

This is now available for use in the development commit and uses the publication date for the given issue.

for the curious, the file format fields are:

$month = the actual month number
$monthname = the month name

Cheers,