jump to number on main database

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

jump to number on main database

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Please bare with me as I try to explain this. My wanted list was over 1000 files. yeesh. So finally I decided I was going to find the files and or remove the ones that aren't scanned. After using some torrents (boo hate them) and a few websites which were handy, but some altered the files (TTH) I rediscovered dc++. After fixing the shares that had been altered thanks to, likely, the websites and some torrents I was able to find many of the missing books on dc++ and was able to get my wanted list down to 381 files. Took several days... or more I forget, anyways,

On the main database page. I'd sort by comic name, and then go through it alphabetically. I'd work for a few hours and then quit on say page 43. Now next time I come back to begin again, I'd have to hit the numbers until I got to page 42 again.

A couple things:
a) A jump to page ____ . So all I do is put in 42 and boop I'm there.
b) the table alters in size based on length of company name or comic name so a couple times I accidentally hit the restart mylar button underneath the numbers, which was funny the first time, not so much after that. ;)

The table altering in size wouldn't be a big deal if I can just go to whichever page I needed to get to.

There may be smarter ways to clean up the collection, but I just went through which ever series was missing files I searched for them. Visually for me this is the easiest way for my brain to work with finding missing files.

Something to think about I suppose. My collection spans over 106 pages. So it was a bit taxing when I accidentally closed the database page I was working on and had to go through the numbers again being careful not to hit reset... and incidentally when going from z backwards you can accidentally hit shutdown mylar. ;)
leaderdog

Re: jump to number on main database

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Just to add to this because you're probably wondering 'why didn't you just sort by "Have" to do the comics?'. Well, I did originally. But with over 1000 issues missing and the Have column sorting by percentage, the order of those comics would always be in flux. I, of course, would forget where I last left off which meant I was doing a lot of double searching for issues that weren't there. Thus switching to alphabetical. Now I quit when I finished whatever letter I was on, and the page number on the database didn't change (Except when removing series that didn't have any scans) but it would only change by one or two numbers.

Hopefully my wanted list won't get that high again. I suppose this is a real low priority ;) but it would be handy to have.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: jump to number on main database

Post by evilhero »

Because Mylar uses datatables, we're at the mercy of the datatables plugins and what they have available for that kind of thing.

They do have an option whereby a text field is available to jump to a particular pageset in the list, however, during my testing I couldn't get any of the other buttons to materialise properly (First, Next, Previous, Last), so it wasn't very operational. It could however be due to the version of the datatables being used, which if it's required to be at a higher level, could impose other problems as going up versions has caused some problems in the past. I'll try and fool around with things and see what I can figure out - it should really be simple, but there's something amiss at this point and just need to track it down.

Did you try just changing the Results per page on the main page to a setting of ALL? It would then show all your series in a long table that wouldn't paginate - which might make things easier in regards to avoiding pagination entirely...but I do agree, being able to go to a specific page number would be the ideal option to have.