[Request] QBittorrent intergration.

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
agent3lephant

[Request] QBittorrent intergration.

Post by agent3lephant »

I have wanted to rid myself of utorrent for some time but mylar is the only program in my arsenal that wont let go. I know bout the watch directory but this doesnt allow labels which means I end up manually processing everything myself.

Any change for qbitorrent being added?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: [Request] QBittorrent intergration.

Post by evilhero »

TBH I'm not sure - it wasn't in the cards if I'm being honest, more so because of not having ever used it (and forgetting it existed), than not wanting to include it.

I think the next client(s) that will get added are Transmission and Deluge, just due to the popularity and users' requesting these clients - but can definitely add in a chance for QBittorrent (I have to do some heavy reading since I don't use the client)
agent3lephant

Post by agent3lephant »

No worries. I thank you for the reply. Personally im not a fan of deluge as it doesnt have labels without a plugin. never been a fan.

But ifyou get deluge going ill try it again.
bobbintb

Post by bobbintb »

I'd like this too. utorrent is bloated and not available on my NAS, I've always had issues with deluge not downloading things on multiple different OSes, and rutorrent has a few issues that make it less than ideal for my setup. qbittorrent is the best option for me and I've been trying to phase out rutorrent for a while.
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

agent3lephant wrote:No worries. I thank you for the reply. Personally im not a fan of deluge as it doesnt have labels without a plugin. never been a fan.

But ifyou get deluge going ill try it again.
I'd like to add another request for this. I just had to switch from deluge to qbittorrent. I discovered deluge was not using my proxy and allowing direct connections.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's done on my local build - I'm just hammering out some other stuff and doing testing on it all as much as I can. It'll be in the next dev commit cause it'll be a big one as it is and I can't piecemeal it out. Hoping to get it out this weekend so long as life doesn't interrupt ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Qbittorrent has been added as an option in the latest dev commit. I did try to test against various things, but if something isn't working as expected with it - please let me know ;)