New Torrent Providers?

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Methanoid

New Torrent Providers?

Post by Methanoid »

Since KAT is down and likely for good... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/21 ... sskickers/

And since 99.9% of users do not have 32pag.es accounts and are unlikely to get one ....

Could we have some different torrent providers added to the list, please?

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: New Torrent Providers?

Post by evilhero »

There are actually a surprising amount of users that have access to 32P and use it with Mylar, so to assume that only .1% of the users using Mylar have access to 32P would be a vastly incorrect assumption. It's also not difficult to get into 32P, or as closed off as it once was - I suggest you look at reddit (r/trackers) and search for 32P and you should find enough information within in order to find the appropriate time to attempt to join...

There are tonnes of other torrent sites available, however not all of them have comics. What will be the tell-tale sign is wherever the user that uploaded the comics to KAT decides to start at (yes, I know the nick), as well as if it's workable to have the content parsed properly. It's not as simple as just plunking in a URL and things just work - it requires testing, and that proper items can get retrieved properly (ie. TPB uses magnet links, which Mylar doesn't currently support). So at this point, I'm waiting to see which of the torrent sites fits the best with Mylar and will go from there - I'm not rushing into coding for one only to find out it's utter shiet.

Also, there's such a thing as Torznab - which uses the newznab specs for certain torrent providers. Mylar has a torznab section, as well as the comics category for torznab is available so if you had a site that had comics, and was in the Torznab list - setting up your own personal torznab server and using it with Mylar would work as well.
Methanoid

Re: New Torrent Providers?

Post by Methanoid »

evilhero wrote:There are actually a surprising amount of users that have access to 32P and use it with Mylar, so to assume that only .1% of the users using Mylar have access to 32P would be a vastly incorrect assumption. It's also not difficult to get into 32P, or as closed off as it once was - I suggest you look at reddit (r/trackers) and search for 32P and you should find enough information within in order to find the appropriate time to attempt to join...

There are tonnes of other torrent sites available, however not all of them have comics. What will be the tell-tale sign is wherever the user that uploaded the comics to KAT decides to start at (yes, I know the nick), as well as if it's workable to have the content parsed properly. It's not as simple as just plunking in a URL and things just work - it requires testing, and that proper items can get retrieved properly (ie. TPB uses magnet links, which Mylar doesn't currently support). So at this point, I'm waiting to see which of the torrent sites fits the best with Mylar and will go from there - I'm not rushing into coding for one only to find out it's utter shiet.

Also, there's such a thing as Torznab - which uses the newznab specs for certain torrent providers. Mylar has a torznab section, as well as the comics category for torznab is available so if you had a site that had comics, and was in the Torznab list - setting up your own personal torznab server and using it with Mylar would work as well.
Thanks. To use Torznab I assume I have to run Jackett to translate torrent sites into that format for Mylar to use? I've struggled to find any examples of how to enter "AN Site" as a Torznab provider in any s/w.... :(