Extract First Page

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
jrepetti

Extract First Page

Post by jrepetti »

When Mylar downloads a new issue, it would be great for there to be an extract page option where the first image/page of an issue would be extracted into the comic folder.

If this option were available, comic readers such as Challenger Viewer could be set to look for cover files instead of having to download the entire issue to extract the art itself.

This would be a very efficient method for importing the largest databases.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Extract First Page

Post by evilhero »

jrepetti wrote:When Mylar downloads a new issue, it would be great for there to be an extract page option where the first image/page of an issue would be extracted into the comic folder.

If this option were available, comic readers such as Challenger Viewer could be set to look for cover files instead of having to download the entire issue to extract the art itself.

This would be a very efficient method for importing the largest databases.
I'm not sure I follow the benefit of this (might just be a complete lack of coffee atm). So you would end up with the series folder, and within it you'd have the cbr/cbz files as well as a jpg for each cbr/cbz file?

Would the jpg files have to be named a specific way in order for the reader to be able to know which image goes to which cbr/cbz ?

Mylar kind of already does this, albeit on the backend - whenever you view the contents of an cbz file within Mylar (the big 'i' graphic when you're viewing the series details page is listed beside each cbz file), it extracts the first image to display in addition to the metadata therein.
Budwyzer

Re: Extract First Page

Post by Budwyzer »

Yeah, don't do this. What the OP is asking for would be reader specific, and should be left up to those readers to do it themselves.