Option for 'Auto Add new-series' in Manual Post Processing.

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
arkitekt

Option for 'Auto Add new-series' in Manual Post Processing.

Post by arkitekt »

My library is at 4000+ titles, and I have about 1000 still not organized by mylar.

I'd like to add my new ones to my 'incoming' folder, the folder i use for manual post processing, and have it scan those and Auto-add them without having to re-scan my entire library, "Scan Comic Library", in it's entirety.

Unless I'm missing something.

I've got about 100 different series to add and searching for each one individually is annoying.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Option for 'Auto Add new-series' in Manual Post Processi

Post by evilhero »

Sorry, auto-adding during a manual post-processing won't be something I'll do. It would completely screw up the existing method (that just got redone), and then I would have to add in alot of extra functionality for items that can't be figured out automatically, prompting the user if required, more hits against CV, parsing problems, etc. It's just far too much work to do, when the option already exists as a separate entity (Manage tab/Scan Comic Library).

I think you're misunderstanding the Scan Comic Library function. It's meant to import issues that aren't on your watchlist, and in the process attempt to auto-add them into your watchlist if it can figure out the specifics of the filenames (this is where properly named files that have volume labels for multiple series, and issue years become important). It doesn't rescan your existing library in any way, but moreso if you had a comic library that you maintained in another program, or was separate from Mylar and you want to add those series/issues into Mylar - you would use this.

The way to look at is:
Manual post-processing is for issues in which the series already exist on your watchlist.
Scan Comic Library (Import) is for issues in which the series in question, does not already exist on your watchlist.
arkitekt

Re: Option for 'Auto Add new-series' in Manual Post Processi

Post by arkitekt »

i certainly was misunderstanding!

thanks.