Way to limit downloads (snatches)?

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Aimhere

Way to limit downloads (snatches)?

Post by Aimhere »

Hi,

My search provider imposes a strict limit on the number of NZBs I can download from them in any 24-hour period. 250 NZBs per day may seem like a lot, until you try catching up on a backlog of more than 250 "wanted" issues. :D

Once I hit the limit, I can download no more for at least several hours (up to a full day, if I want my limit to be fully restored).

Mind you, I don't have this problem very often, but when I do, it brings everything to a screeching halt.

Anyway, would it be possible to put in some sort of daily "snatch" limit, on a provider-by-provider basis? If I could limit the number of snatches Mylar makes per day, I could work around my provider's restrictions. Furthermore, I could reserve a few downloads for other media-downloader apps (e.g. SickRage, CouchPotato, etc.) or for manual downloads.

Thanks,
Aimhere
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Way to limit downloads (snatches)?

Post by evilhero »

I don't think this is possible atm - adding in the snatch counts and resets based on timeframes are all things that have to be stored and accounted for with varying degrees of effectiveness.

I think it might be abit more prudent to include some kind of nzb-provider spreader, where instead of always taking nzbs from the first site that matches that it dynamically rejigs the search order (nzb for nzbs, torrent for torrents) in order to spread the api usage / hits amongst all the providers instead of it usually just hitting the one (because really, the ab.comics.dcp group is monitored by most nzb providers so the first one Mylar searches against would return the hit/match every time in most cases).

I've thought about doing something like this for awhile, so I'll try and figure out some kind of logic to include it - and hey, in the process I might be able to include the max.snatch count since I'd be tallying the count in some way in order to do the spreader of sorts....so who knows - you might get the enhancement you want in a roundabout way ;)