RSS feed as search provider

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
thefold

RSS feed as search provider

Post by thefold »

I can't see this as a current option and a quick search of the forum didn't suggest anyone else has mentioned this.

It would be useful if it were possible to add an RSS feed: i.e https://kat.al/usearch/user%3A<user>/?rss=1 as a search provider.
Although I have KAT configured as a search provider Mylar often doesn't seem to be able to find issues that I know are there. As I know specific KAT uploaders focus on comics it would be useful to get the feed from just those people and use them to search for new/old issues.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: RSS feed as search provider

Post by evilhero »

It's a possibility to add it, but if Mylar can't match against it based on the comics category (which is where they should all be located), setting the RSS to a specific user isn't going to help match it any better. Mylar still has to do it's name parsing/matching and the results are still going to be the same regardless of being a specific user or not (I'm assuming that the user at hand is tagging stuff into the correct category of Comics or Other - the 2 categories that Mylar monitors).

The problem you're having is how the items are being named when they're uploaded. KAT is notorious for naming stuff as something incoherently different than what the actual filename is within the torrent file. You might have to make use of the Alternate Search Name option within the series detail page(s) in order to make sure things match up properly if the titles being uploaded aren't somewhat identical to the series itself.

What are the name(s) of some of the items that you know is there but Mylar can't grab? I can probably help it get automated more, if I knew how the items are being named that you're trying to grab.