Series limit when scanning folder to add new series

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
nobrumski

Series limit when scanning folder to add new series

Post by nobrumski »

I have tried adding series by letting Mylar scan my publisher folders. This works ok for smaller publishers, but seems to choke on larger publishers usually resulting in a list index out of range.

It would be great if either I could have Mylar scan the folder and prompt me as it finds each new series before looking at the next folder or if I could tell it to automatically stop after so many series. This way I could add 10 or so titles at a time without having to manually pick one folder at a time.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Series limit when scanning folder to add new series

Post by evilhero »

The prompting on each folder result probably won't happen (I'm being honest), just because the majority of users have wanted the scanner to run in the background so that it's not obtrusive to the process. Having it prompt on every folder, would go against this premise.

Now scanning in X folders and then stopping might be more possible - a hidden config option that specifies so many series per import. I'n not saying either way, as I'd have to look at the code, and right now there's other stuff going into Mylar that requires abit more attention...but definitely an enhancement request that's possible.
nobrumski

Re: Series limit when scanning folder to add new series

Post by nobrumski »

That's cool. I am just trying to avoid doing a mass scan only to have it crash after running so long and ending up not importing anything.