File Renaming

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Destron

File Renaming

Post by Destron »

Hello,

I'm getting everything lined out, and am running into a small stumbling block in renaming files.

In file renaming is $Year really series year, or is it issue year? It appears to be issue year, which works fine. $VolymeY say it shows V{SeriesYear}, which it does, but I'd like to get SeriesYear without the V. Is that possible?

here's the file format I'd like to have:

C:\Comics\Publisher\Title V2015\Title V2 (2015) #004 (February 2016)

I can almost get this using $Series $VolumeN ($VolumeY) #$Issue ($monthname $Year) -- It's just one letter more verbose than I'd like :)

Nothing I can't deal with, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an option.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: File Renaming

Post by evilhero »

$Year is the series year - whatever mylar has on the series detail page for the given series as the starting year is what populates that field.

The $Year formatting works differently depending if it's Folder Format or File Format. Folder would take the $Year as series year, but $Year in File Format would take Issue Year.

If it's not working as intended, if you could provide the series and issue you're trying to rename I can look at it more. It's quite possible something broke in a recent update since a lot of my attention has been on other aspects within mylar.
Destron

Re: File Renaming

Post by Destron »

Right, sorry. What I was trying to do was get to Series Year from the file format. I'm not super-worried about it, it works fine the way it is. :)