Separate Tabs on "Wanted Issues" page

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

Separate Tabs on "Wanted Issues" page

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

I collect pretty near everything, I read next to nothing... it's just one of those hobbies for collecting. Maybe ocd, who knows ;)

I've asked something like this before and you said you were thinking of some type of solution, not sure if it's been added already or not.

But I have a wanted list with over 500 issues. Some have never been scanned (may never be scanned) some not done yet, and others well maybe I just haven't found it or it was never on newsgroups.

For these files aesthetically, it would be nice if they weren't in the main wanted folder. If something isn't found after a month stuff it in a separate tab, a limbo tab if you will, that way they get searched periodically.

I don't know if they mess up the search for new releases or not.

Typically, I look at the huge list and it seems odd that I can't find them, or they were never posted. So my options are, hopefully a different tab to not see them, or remove them from Mylar all together because if they haven't, or won't be released they're kinda pointless to have there. I do search for them every few months to see if someone somewhere put them up.

Thanks, and sorry again if I double posted this or you've already solutioned it ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Separate Tabs on "Wanted Issues" page

Post by evilhero »

Yeah this is still an ongoing problem - you're definitely not alone in having a big wanted list and things start to go awry (from duplicate downloads happening, to new issues never getting searched in a normal type of time frame, to other timing problems).

Tabs within tabs are always not fun, and it also causes paging problems. I do like the idea of having a 'new queue' where wanted stuff stays for like a week or two, and then it falls into a secondary queue where it only gets searched against when done manually (having rss feeds enabled would allow it to be checked tho since it's all cached in the db).

I definitely haven't forgotten about this, I just need to think of way to do it where it doesn't confuse people too much, and it also works ;)
leaderdog

Re: Separate Tabs on "Wanted Issues" page

Post by leaderdog »

hahaha sounds great!

I look forward to seeing your solution. :)