Read status

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
cgauss

Read status

Post by cgauss »

Any chance to add some sort of read status to the interface?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Read status

Post by evilhero »

Well there is an Reading List Management option already available (under Manage / Advanced / Reading LIst Management) - although I don't know if that's what you were asking for.

If you were meaning if Mylar can add a reading status to the metadata for a given file (or be able to read it, since you can't read comics within the Mylar program) - then yes, it's possible, I just wasn't even aware that there was such a thing as a reading status field within the metadata (I'm just assuming it's comicrack based).

Mylar's current Reading List Management is pretty limited - you can mark certain issues that you want to read (via the Reading glasses icon beside each issue that is in a Downloaded status on their respective series page). You can then (from the Reading List Management page), either mark said issues as Read / Unread depending on your need - as well as letting Mylar transfer unread (or not transferred) issues to your android device and then track them that way (it can't monitor your reading status obviously on the external device, although if it was stored in an xml metadata, then theoretically it could be possible to display this information).

So I guess, I'm not sure exactly what is that you're requesting - could you be abit more specific about the request, or if it falls somewhere in line with what already exists?
cgauss

Re: Read status

Post by cgauss »

Im thinking more along the Reading List Management option, but some sort of indicator or checkbox on the individual comics "webpage". Maybe another row after Status, called Read. The user could then tick the box if the comic was read.