Set Comic status to ended manually

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Oizo

Set Comic status to ended manually

Post by Oizo »

Basically it says it all in the subject.
My problem is, that once I have finished reading a comic series I move the whole folder to a differnt drive. But Mylar keeps creating new (empty) folders.
I checked the comics where this happens - they all show up as continuing - even if they aren't and have ended.
So I guess in order to avoid, that Mylar creates theses folders, changing the status to "ended" should solve this.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Set Comic status to ended manually

Post by evilhero »

Oizo wrote:Basically it says it all in the subject.
My problem is, that once I have finished reading a comic series I move the whole folder to a differnt drive. But Mylar keeps creating new (empty) folders.
I checked the comics where this happens - they all show up as continuing - even if they aren't and have ended.
So I guess in order to avoid, that Mylar creates theses folders, changing the status to "ended" should solve this.
Well the 'Continuing/Ended' status are calculations that Mylar does on the backend - based solely on the last issue date that was published for a series and what the current date is today. If it's within a certain threshold, then it's considered a Continuing series, outside of the threshold it's an Ended series. Generally for Marvel, DC, and Image it's 55 days, every other publisher it's 75 days.

This has come up before in varying aspects - having the ability to not create folders when adding/refreshing a series. Changing the status to 'Ended' is an option as well, although the weekly pull-list gets compared to series that are in a Continuing status only (it ignores those that are in Ended for obvious reasons). I think both actually have their own merits, and of course their own complications.

The Ended status should be pretty easy to accomplish, and since there's an option to make it a Continuing series - by way of equality, there should be one for the opposite. I'll look into this (as well as the folder creation) hopefully for the next development commit.
Oizo

Post by Oizo »

This is why I love Mylar!
Kudos to you for your great work.
Oizo

Post by Oizo »

Did you ever implement this?
Just asking ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Not as of yet, no - it's coming, just some other items took a bit of precedence over this as they were involving bugs rather than enhancements ;)