Link to Comic Vine in Weekly overview

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
disposablehero

Link to Comic Vine in Weekly overview

Post by disposablehero »

for me it would be nice to have the link to Comic Vine directly in the weekly list of issues.

Currently if I see a new series which may seem interesting , I have to click +Add Issue, then a new page opens and Mylar does a search on Comic Vine, and with it comes a list with a link(s) to Comic Vine.

Works fine as it is, this would be just a convenient thing.

thank you
dh
z0mbi

Re: Link to Comic Vine in Weekly overview

Post by z0mbi »

I second this. It would be really nice. Currently it is extremely difficult to discern what series you're actually looking at.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Link to Comic Vine in Weekly overview

Post by evilhero »

disposablehero wrote:for me it would be nice to have the link to Comic Vine directly in the weekly list of issues.

Currently if I see a new series which may seem interesting , I have to click +Add Issue, then a new page opens and Mylar does a search on Comic Vine, and with it comes a list with a link(s) to Comic Vine.

Works fine as it is, this would be just a convenient thing.

thank you
dh
Unfortunately it's not an easy thing to accomplish atm. Mylar retrieves the weekly pull-list from another source outside of ComicVine. So there's no direct correlation to any corresponding ComicID #'s on ComicVine to point to each issue on the pull-list. Right now, Mylar just compares it against your watchlist and then uses the watchlist'd information to poll CV for new/updated information. Once it verifies a match, the series name in the pull-list becomes clickable (it will jump back to the wachlist series page upon clicking), and the given issue gets marked as Wanted on the pull-list.

The only way I can see this being any way possible is for Mylar to search for each and every series on the pull-list in order to get the ComicID for the given series, at which point then there's a URL to reference for additional information. This would completely slow things down to a crawl what with the new CV api rate limiting they have in place (1 api hit/s) - so a pull-list of 100 items would take an additional 100-200s (3+ minutes) to just load the pull-list...something I don't see going over very well with users.

I've been trying to get Mylar to work with another pull-list type site where it has the weekly pull-lists available, as well as pictures of the given issue and a brief synopsis. I'm just trying to figure out a way to best do it without hammering the crap out of that site, and integrate it properly within Mylar since everything is using the other pull-list site currently.