delay post-processing

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Jeroen

delay post-processing

Post by Jeroen »

I am wondering if there is currently a way (or a workaround) with torrents to delay post-processing until the seeding has been completed? I have the download client on my Synology NAS set to keep seeding to a 1.5 ratio, and in the case of using Sickbeard, the tv show episodes are not processed until this ratio has been met. Mylar however, processes them when they are downloaded. In my case post-processing includes tagging the comics and moving them into separate folders, so this is not good especially using a private tracker like 32pages as seeding will stop.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: delay post-processing

Post by evilhero »

Jeroen wrote:I am wondering if there is currently a way (or a workaround) with torrents to delay post-processing until the seeding has been completed? I have the download client on my Synology NAS set to keep seeding to a 1.5 ratio, and in the case of using Sickbeard, the tv show episodes are not processed until this ratio has been met. Mylar however, processes them when they are downloaded. In my case post-processing includes tagging the comics and moving them into separate folders, so this is not good especially using a private tracker like 32pages as seeding will stop.
Currently, no there's no way to delay post-processing - due to the fact that Mylar has literally 0 interaction with your torrent client. All it does is drop the torrent file into your torrent client's watch directory and it doesn't do anything else after that. The other automaters directly access the torrent clients themselves and monitor the ratio.

Now there are ways to do this within your client, pretty sure it would be on a global scale (ie. have a script running against your client that when seeding reaches 150% or whatever, it would stop the seeding and move the files into a completed folder - which could then be monitored by Mylar for manual post-processing runs that are automated).

I know you can do this with either scripts or some settings with transmission, as well as rtorrent (I believe, although I haven't tested anything), and probably uTorrent. Unfortunately, I only utilize rtorrrent and have tried in the past to try to connect to said clients, but can never get it to work properly. I think it would be a really great feature set to have don't get me wrong, I just have absolutely zero clue about how to interact with any of the torrent clients and some have such convoluted terminology and documentation that it's beyond impossible to even attempt anything like remote management.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Thanks for clearing that up evil, Unfortunately my shell scripting capabilities are nothing to write home about.

So I looked into ruTorrent, which has an auto copy after download function but after a couple of hours of tinkering I haven't been able to get it to work at all. My only other option on Synology is Transmission, but it's webui is very limited and doesn't offer any such functionality.

There's things I could do on my Mac such as automator or Hazel but I don't have a NAS for nothing :)

I'll keep trying stuff out, if anyone has any more ideas they are most welcome.
icenine

Post by icenine »

I would echo this request. However, would it be possible to just do what SickRage/Beard and CouchPotato do when PP runs? They copy (and rename if enabled) the file and leave a symlink in the original location. That way you can seed indefinitely, if you were so inclined. The torrent client is none the wiser as to what has happened with the files. just keeps on plugging.
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

icenine wrote:I would echo this request. However, would it be possible to just do what SickRage/Beard and CouchPotato do when PP runs? They copy (and rename if enabled) the file and leave a symlink in the original location. That way you can seed indefinitely, if you were so inclined. The torrent client is none the wiser as to what has happened with the files. just keeps on plugging.

I second the request for the option to copy rather than move the files.

EDIT: I said this but then I realize it is just a little more difficult than with sickragebeard and couchpotato. With those, the file is just being moved or copied to the wherever you've indicated. with mylar and the comictagger, its slightly different. to allow for seeding, you have to leave the original file, untouched, in its place but if the file started as a cbz, the comictagger process could end with the name being the same but the file being slightly different.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

ludwig wrote:
icenine wrote:I would echo this request. However, would it be possible to just do what SickRage/Beard and CouchPotato do when PP runs? They copy (and rename if enabled) the file and leave a symlink in the original location. That way you can seed indefinitely, if you were so inclined. The torrent client is none the wiser as to what has happened with the files. just keeps on plugging.

I second the request for the option to copy rather than move the files.

EDIT: I said this but then I realize it is just a little more difficult than with sickragebeard and couchpotato. With those, the file is just being moved or copied to the wherever you've indicated. with mylar and the comictagger, its slightly different. to allow for seeding, you have to leave the original file, untouched, in its place but if the file started as a cbz, the comictagger process could end with the name being the same but the file being slightly different.
Right now it's coming in the pipe shortly - the option to either copy/move/symlink/hardlink issues during a post-processing run ( so it would create the symlink/hardlink in your download/seeding directory, and have the actual file (for symlink, not hardlink) in the destination folder ). Right now, I'm working through the following so as to not alter the physical file that's being seeded (for torrents obviously):

- When symlink is selected, the options to meta-tagging and rename are not enabled
- When hardlink is selected, the option to meta-tagging is removed

In doing it this way, one can still use either option during post-processing and it wouldn't affect any seeding. Of course that being said, I'm pretty sure people only use symlinks/hardlinks when they're torrenting...Of course on a *nix based OS, the above aren't a problem as they're standard commands - however in windows, hard-links are handled way differently and I have to add in an additional module to try and accomodate the problems.
ProtoJazz

Post by ProtoJazz »

Oh man, Im definitely looking forward to this being a feature. I just set up a new mylar server and this is really the last feature Im still wanting
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The copy/move for post-processing has now been implemented in the latest development commit.

Hard/Sym-linking will be coming, but with metatagging and such there's a lot of checks that need to be done prior to the user being able to use these options successfully...I'll update this when I can ;)