folder renaming

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

folder renaming

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

When changing the name of a folder/title can Mylar just change the name of the existing folder? Currently when altering the name of the folder/title it creates a whole new folder so you'll have two now. Any further name changing will continue to add orphan folders on your computer.

Also, you now have to manually go in and move the files that were in the original folder to the newly named folder.

maybe this is just a windows issue? running on windows 7.

Thanks
leaderdog

Re: folder renaming

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Bumping my own thread. Not sure if you missed this or it's not something you're interested in working on.

I have so many folders that are duplicated, some with files in them some without. Here's just one folder:
*ttps://www.dropbox.com/s/hsa6mbxljxep4j1/Dupli ... s.jpg?dl=0

Now that Mylar is renaming my folders by itself I figured I'd bump this as it becomes quite a mess of duplicate files.

Still hoping this is a simple solution of renaming the existing folder in Mylar rather than re-creating/creating a new one.

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It shouldn't be renaming them on it's own during a refresh-cycle (since they already exist). Are you using the Alternate File Name option for those particular series? Or the Alternate Search Names option? I believe if you use the Alternate File Name it will rename the Folder to the Alternate File Name specified, but I can't confirm that at this point.

Otherwise, it looks like it's removing the '-' from each of your series directories for some reason, which isn't a blacklisted character so it should allow it just fine. I'll have to check into this more, but I haven't been able to duplicate this on my end thus far.

As far as the renaming, yes it's possible and still on the to do - just need the free time to be able to code/test something like that due to the checks and such to ensure that it's renaming the proper directory (and not something else).
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Glad to hear it's still in the todo list.

As for the other problem I updated the thread in bugs.

I am using the alternate file name, but it's the same name as the folder minus the (2015) or whatever the date happens to be. The alternate search, sometimes, but not for all of them.

But as I mentioned in the other thread, I think it happened when I moved the cache, and folders over to the new hard drive/drive letter, and changed the config.ini file with Mylar off to change/import the comics on the server. I can't duplicate the problem now either.

Thanks again for you help.