Duplication handling in Manual Post-Processing

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

Duplication handling in Manual Post-Processing

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

I'm just curious if you could implement a duplication handling in Manual Post-Processing. I've run manual post processing and it appears as though nothing happens but of course much is happening in the logs. But unfortunately, unless you study the logs you don't know why the folder that you want post-processed doesn't thin out issues.

So basically what I'm looking at is under the tab for "Manual Post-Processing" where is says "Path to Manually Run" underneath that have "Path to store Duplications" (or something to that effect) then mylar could just move the duplicated files into that folder so the files that Mylar has trouble with (the difficult named files) can be sorted by the user after. Or even an option to delete duplications I suppose as well.

It would just be nice to have the files that you don't need moved/removed, since I'll have to go in and move them myself only to find I spend a mess of time realizing Mylar had already downloaded it and for some reason I have it twice (batch download from newsgroup or whatever). It would just be really convenient. I don't know how difficult something like this would be to implement or even if anyone other than myself would find it handy.

Thanks for all your hard work!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Duplication handling in Manual Post-Processing

Post by evilhero »

Yeah that's definitely doable to a certain extent.

I mean moving the found duplicates into another folder (or having the option to delete) would be very doable - since it already knows the name of the file as it was just scanned in and hit the duplication checker. However, moving the files that can't get scanned in, and thereby wouldn't hit the duplication checker, would be abit more difficult to implement. I'm not saying that part is not possible, just might take abit more work in order to get it to properly moved files it can't scan in.

Will try and get the first portion of the request working first ;)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Thanks for the quick response. I think I wasn't clear. :) The first part as you said, moving the dups to a different folder is all I'm asking for (And or deleting them). The remaining I just move personally, outside of mylar. Just having the duplicate files out of the folder makes it easier for me to move what is left.

Until the scanners get together and establish a specific release name standard it's going to be hit or miss. That's why it's much easier for tv releases. They did that a long time ago. Plus fewer versions/reboots etc. ;)

So you were on the money, I just must have babbled a bit too long.

Thanks again!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

FYI, haven't forgotten about this at all.

Personal time has been fleeting, and I haven't had as much time as I want to do alot of the coding. Still on the hit-list, just might be a bit more time before it sees the light of day. I'll try and remind myself to update this thread when I get it into the development branch (hopefully soon).
Tazmad78

Post by Tazmad78 »

Hi Evilhero,

First off great work on Mylar - it's been very useful! I wanted to ask if there had been any progress on the duplicate handling as leaderdog had suggested (I.e getting either manual post processing or normal processing of new files to move duplicates that it detects to another folder)?

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's still on the to-do, and it shouldn't take much from a code aspect either to implement. I'm hoping I can get it rolled out into the next development commit, if not the following one for sure (so roughly at some point within the month I think would be a safe bet).
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Not sure how to change subject title to state this has been added.

This function works great and can be found here:

in settings -> Quality & Post Processing

Under "Duplicate Dump Folder"

check off "Enable Duplicate Dump Folder"
a new field will appear so you can enter your path for where you want them to go.

Great job as always Evilhero!